Keeping our family healthy is always a priority. While doing this, people often neglect to take care of their pets’ needs, such as routine vet visits. After all, veterinary bills can become expensive, even if it’s just for a routine shot. When caught in this position, people often feel they have one of two options, not taking their pet to the vet unless an urgent issue arises or surrender the pet to a shelter.
The good news is that there is another option; the Miami-Dade County Animal services department has pet care packages tailored to fit the needs of low-income families. While they generally offer low-priced vaccine packages to Miami-Dade residents, they have specially reduced packages for families that participate in government assistance programs. Specifications for qualification can be found on the animal services webpage.
Low-income packages for dog owners are as follow:
- Vaccine Package: including Rabies, Bordetella, and DHPP vaccines for $25
- Full Service Package: includes all vaccines listed above and Microchip for $40
- Special Service Package: includes all vaccines listed above, Microchip, and the Spay/Neuter Surgery for $70
Packages for cat owners are as follow:
- Vaccine Package: including Rabies and FRCPC vaccines for $20
- Full Service Package: includes all vaccines listed above and Microchip for $35
- Special Service Package: includes all vaccines listed above, Microchip, and the Spay/Neuter Surgery for $50
The Graham Legal team is dedicated to enriching the lives of families by providing information and resources. Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates directly to your inbox.